Email Setup in SiteLink
Sending emails directly from SiteLink is an awesome feature. You can send welcome emails all the way to payment reminders.
If you use Google Gmail or G Suite, this is how you do it!
Note: Gmail addresses end in "@gmail.com", while G Suite addresses end in your company's domain name, ie. "email@example.com". Both types of accounts are known as your "Google Account". This will be the account that SiteLink will use to send emails.
- You have to allow less secure apps in your Google Account settings. Here's the link -> https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps
- Know your Google Account email address
- Know your Google Account password
- Open SiteLink Web Edition
- Click on "Setup" along the top
- Click on "Email"
- Put in these settings:
- Email Type: "Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)"
- SMTP Configuration:
- SMTP Server Address: smtp.gmail.com
- SMTP Port: 587
- Use SSL: Checked
- SMTP Username: your Google Account email address
- SMTP Password: your Google Account password
- Click "Ok" to save
- If you'd like, click on "Test E-Mail" to test your settings
Your screen will look something like this:
Now you're good to go!
Still need help? Shoot us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of us will be happy to help.